In Week 5, you selected one of the Scholars of Change videos to begin the coding process. For this Discussion, you will select another Scholars of Change video, different than the one you selected in Week 5, to begin coding not only your field notes but also the transcript of the video you downloaded.
To prepare for this Paper:
• Review the chapters in the Saldaña text.
• Review the Introduction to Coding and From Content to Coding media programs in the Learning Resources.
• From the remaining videos, choose a different Scholars of Change video and refer to your notes from your observation for this Discussion.
• Access the transcript you downloaded for the media program of the Scholars of Change video you selected for this Discussion.
• Begin to code the transcript and the observational field notes of the Scholar of Change video you chose. (Note: You will only need one or two codes for this Discussion, although more are acceptable.)
Post a brief description of the video you chose. Next, include an example of one or two codes and provide quotes from your notes or transcript to support your example. Finally, explain your reasoning for this coding.
Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.
Other sources are: Saldaña, J. (2016). The coding manual for qualitative researchers (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
• Chapter 1, “An Introduction to Codes and Coding” (pp. 1–42) (previously read in Week 5)
• Chapter 2, “Writing Analytic Memos About Narrative and Visual Data” (pp. 43–65) (previously read in Week 5)
Rubin, H. J.,
Cybersex and Prostitution/Sex worker
Paper details s a counselor, it is common to work with clients who are in prostitution/sex work. You may also have clients that have a reliance on pornography. As such, it is important that you understand the risk factors and consequences.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Create a 10-12-slide PowerPoint in which you address the following points:
Define the types of prostitution/sex work.
Describe the risk factors contributing to a person entering prostitution/sex work.
Discuss the physiological effects of pornography on the brain.
Discuss the negative consequences of pornography and cybersex on a client’s ability to function in everyday life.
Discuss the evidence-based treatments for pornography addiction.
Include at least three scholarly references in your presentation.
Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 50 words.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Essay Writing at Proficient Essay
Review This Service