2. In the future, speeding tickets for spaceships will be issued based on the spaceship’s measured length. The Neptune 3000 spaceship has proper length 85 m .a. If the posted speed limit is 0.6c , will the Neptune 3000 spaceship be ticketed if space police measure its length as 75m ? y or N?
3. An astronaut returning to Earth after a long trip is cruising earthward at 6.57×10^7m/s . She launches a package toward home, at a speed of 1.52×10^7 m/s relative to her spacecraft.a. At what speed does the package reach Earth? v =
4. a. Find the energy of one quantum of microwave radiation with frequency 8 GHz .E1 =b. Find the energy of one quantum of microwave radiation with frequency 100 GHz .E2 =
5. a. What’s the kinetic energy of an electron having de Broglie wavelength 430nm ? K =b. Compare with the energy of a photon having the same wavelength. E-photon/K =
6. The W is an elementary particle with rest energy around 80 GeV , uncertain by about 2.0 GeV .Use Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle to estimate this particle’s minimum lifetime.Change in t =
Text Problem (HELP)
(Comprehensive time value of money) Mr. Rambo, President of General Weapons, Inc., was pleased to hear that he had three offers from major defense companies for his latest missile firing automatic ejector. He will use a discount rate of 10 percent to evaluate each offer.
$1,200,000 now plus $625,000 from the end of years 6 through 15. Also if the product goes over $60 million in cumulative sales by the end of year 15, he will receive an additional $3,000,000. Rambo thought there was an 80 percent probability this would happen.
Thirty percent of the buyer’s gross margin for the next four years. The buyer in this case is Air Defense, Inc. (ADI). Its gross margin is 60 percent. Sales for year 1 are projected to be $3.5 million and then grow by 35 percent per year. This amount is paid today and is not discounted.
A trust fund would be set up for the next four years. At the end of that period, Rambo would receive the proceeds (and discount them back to the present at 10 percent). The trust fund called for semiannual payments for the next four years of $110,000 (a total of $220,000 per year). The payments would start immediately. Since the payments are coming at the beginning of each period instead of the end, this is an annuity due. To look up the future value of the annuity due in the tables, add 1 to n (16 1) and subtract 1 from the value in the table. Assume the annual interest rate on this annuity is 10 percent annually (5 percent semiannually). Determine the present value of the trust fund’s final value.
Required: Find the present value of each of the three offers and then indicate which one has the highest present value.
Discussion 3.Cultural Representations in Africa and the Americas
Speculate on the similarities in the monuments to the Sun god in cultures of Mesoamerica, South America, and Egypt.Africa is an enormous Continent It is divided into three regions: the Mediterenian Rim, Sub-Sahara Africa, and South Africa.
Discussion 2: “Plain Jain.” Please respond to the following:
Explain what message you think they would offer to Americans about their lifestyles.
Describe how you think Americans might respond.
Explain how the teaching of ahimsa influences the daily lives of lay Jains.
Make a list of your daily activities from the time you rise in the morning until lunchtime. Review your list from the perspective of a person who is newly converted to Jainism.
Identify the activities a convert to Jainism would have to alter or abandon and explain why.
Representing Hindu and Buddhist Belief
Analyze why early followers of Buddhism did not believe images of Buddha should be displayed, yet later Buddhists in China and Japan constructed huge sculptures of the Buddha and bodhisattvas.
What is the relationship between Hinduism and Buddhism?
Essay Writing at Proficient Essay
Review This Service