Who Represents YOU?
This week, you do not need to comment on a classmate’s entry but you do have an assignment which will be counted as a homework.
We have spent time in this class examining the role of government and its impact on health policy. So, it is important for you to know…who represents YOUR interests on the federal and state levels?
You will research your elected representatives based on your home address. Please list your name and address on the assignment.
If there is no name or address affiliated with a homework, you will receive an automatic 7 points out of 15. Late submissions will not be accepted and will receive a 0.
Guidelines for Your Assignment:
Indicate your Congressional District and what counties/areas it encompasses. Then, list your federal representatives, namely 2 U.S. Senators and 1 Congressman/woman AND which party they belong to (party affiliation.) Again, please use your home address.
Indicate your state legislative district – which will be DIFFERENT from your Congressional district – and list your state representatives, namely 1 State Senator and 2 Assemblypersons. Make sure you indicate party affiliation here as well. Please use your home addresses. I
Pick a piece of legislation that is related to health policy on the federal or state level and find out how your representatives voted on it. PLEASE DO NOT CUT AND PASTE. Do you agree or disagree with this position? Why? Explain why you chose this piece of legislation / why is this topic important to you. In your discussion, make sure you apply at least 3 class terms/concepts and BOLD them. Use specific examples, not generalities, to illustrate your points. NOTE: This section should not exceed 3 paragraphs.
To help you find this information, here are some helpful websites:
www.njleg.state.nj.us (Links to an external site.); www.house.gov (Links to an external site.); www.usa.gov (Links to an external site.); www.congress.org
Week 8: Who Represents You? (1)
Week 8: Who Represents You? (1)
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Part 1: Federal Legislators
Use of proper address; Congressional district listed; Party Affiliation indicated; Correct 2 Senators and Congressperson
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Part 2: State legislators
Use of proper address; State district listed; Party Affiliation indicated; Correct 1 Senator and 2 Assemblypeople
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Part 3: Selected legislation
Appropriate legislative choice and vote listed; Explanation of why this bill was chosen; Use of class terms; Specificity; Examples; Evidence of Critical Thinking
Total Points: 15
The address for this project is 1225 Stuyvesant Ave union nj
a discussion prompt (300 words minimum) in APA format with in-text citations. I don’t need a cover page and a separate reference page. Please follow instructions.
1. Interprofessional practice is possible when members of multiple care professions share goals and collaborate to address complex patient care issues with provision of high-quality clinical care and outcomes in organizations, governance structures, and systems. Read the final report of the Interprofessional Education Collaborative Expert Panel (2011), Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice: Report of an Expert Panel. download Discuss how you, as an advanced practice registered nurse, will incorporate each of these competencies into your role by constructing a patient care scenario that enables you to demonstrate and highlight each competency.
Address the following questions in regards to Andrew Carnegie and The Gospel of Wealth: 1. Do
Address the following questions in regards to Andrew Carnegie and The Gospel of Wealth:
1. Do you agree with Andrew Carnegie’s argument in The Gospel of Wealth?
2. In which ways did Andrew Carnegie’s efforts reflect the arguments that were made in The Gospel of Wealth? Please provide three examples.
3. Do you believe there are individuals who use their financial success to benefit their community today? Please provide one example.
1. Your essay should have one introduction paragraph with thesis, three body paragraphs, and one conclusion paragraph.
2. You need to read and use The Gospel of Wealth as one source to support your response.
3. You need to use three creditable outside source to support your response.
4. For using examples, that means you need to use directed quotes from the sources.
Here is the link for The Gospel of Wealth: https://production-carnegie.s3.amazonaws.com/filer_public/9d/1b/9d1b670b-681c-48e2-a607-48ea5282c891/ccny_essay_1889_gospel.pdf
Do you think that the way public health, community health and health education services are divided throughout the government is
Do you think that the way public health, community health and health education services are divided throughout the government is the most efficient way to deliver these services? Do you see any overlap? Do you think the same services could be delivered more inexpensively? Do we need all of these health services or are there some that could be eliminated? List two that you think we could do without or combine into another program.
Essay Writing at Proficient Essay
Review This Service